Maintenance – Day Services
Mission Statement: To consistently demonstrate dependability, integrity, and commitment to our customers.
Reports To: Director of Production
Department: All Day Services
Responsible for overall building maintenance of assigned Shadowfax facilities. Coordinates implementation through the Director of Production, Reports to the Director of Production, and Executive Director of Day Service.
1. Responsible for care and repair of property inside and outside all facilities. Snow and ice removal and grass mowing, weeding etc.
2. Perform janitorial duties as requested.
3. Ensure proper care of equipment and supplies.
4. Maintain all day program vehicles.
5. Provide ongoing direct supervision of all individuals working in the maintenance department. This includes ensuring their immediate concerns and needs are dealt with in a timely, orderly, caring manner with an emphasis on quality.
6. Maintain accurate records/documentation and prepare required reports. (Building checklists, vehicle records).
7. Meet established deadlines.
8. Maintain a positive/professional demeanor when relating to all Shadowfax customers.
9. Maintain good attendance and be dependable in carrying out job responsibilities.
10. Attend meetings and trainings as required by state regulations and corporate policy.
11. Implement employee relation practices necessary to establish positive staff relationships and promote a high level of staff morale.
12. Drive corporate vehicles for scheduled assignments.
13. Must be able to physically perform duties of the job. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and daily as job duties dictate.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma with maintenance experience. Must have valid/current driver’s license.
Prerequisites for the Job
1) Resourceful, creative, flexible, thorough, and organized.
2) Ability to problem-solve and brainstorm.
3) Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
4) Good time management skills.
5) Team player.
6) Maintenance experience, including a basic knowledge of plumbing, lawn & grounds keeping, and minor building repairs.
7) Must have valid/current driver’s license.
Organizational Relationships: Accountable to Associate Director, Director of Production, and Executive Director of Day Services for all phases of activities.