Program Manager 1 – Day Services
To consistently demonstrate dependability, integrity, and commitment to our customers.
Reports To: Associate Director of Programming
Department: Day Services – Programming
Responsible for operation of assigned areas, including supervision of personnel and program management. Responsible to assist the Program Specialist position in their responsibilities for Aging (chapter 11), Vocational (chapter 2390) and Adult Training Facility (Chapter 2380) regulations to include overall operation and management of assigned programs. Major areas covered are planning and development in assigned areas. Originates and implements practices and objectives to provide balanced programming in assigned areas. Coordinates implementation through the Executive Director, Director and Associates Directors of Day services. Reports to Associate Director, Director, and Executive Director of Day Services and to Chief Executive Officer. Assists and advises management and subordinate staff on departmental issues.
1. To supervise all personnel assigned to the program including evaluation and scheduling. Supervise
on-call staff/floaters and follow up with on call evaluations.
2. Implement disciplinary procedures in conjunction with supervisor and company policy. Maintain high
standard of performance expectations.
3. To participate in the process of interviewing and hiring of applicants.
4. Training of all staff assigned to the program including implementing program plans, record keeping,
and 90-day training program.
5. The development and implementation of each person’s Individual Support Plan, Self Determination
and the development of each person’s assessment in conjunction with the assigned Program
6. Attend and coordinate meetings as required.
7. Act as a liaison between all team members. Is responsible to accurately relate relevant information
about individuals to their caregivers/team members/co-workers and management when appropriate.
8. Complete all aspects of intake procedure in conjunction with the Program Specialist.
9. Assist in the design and implementation of day program goals. Actively participate in the process of
continuous improvement and well run program concept.
10. To deal with immediate concerns and refer serious problems to management.
11. Provide ongoing direct supervision of all individuals in the program. This includes ensuring their
immediate concerns and needs are dealt with in a timely, orderly, caring, and safe manner with an
emphasis on quality. Management shall be made aware of serious problems in a timely manner.
12. Responsible to be aware of individual’s health needs, applying emergency procedures and medication
13. Responsible to promote/support meaningful lifestyles/choices of each individual through Self
Determination, Individual Support Plan process and related programming.
14. Protect interests/welfare of each individual and insure quality supports are being provided.
15. Actively promote community involvement/volunteerism/employment as desired for each individual.
Focus on a community based program rather than a facility- based program.
16. Maintain an acceptable level of quality control in the production area, when applicable.
17. Meets established deadlines.
18. Work hours as assigned in any area of the program inside or outside the facility.
19. Maintain accurate records/documentation and prepare required reports.
20. Supervises and assists individuals during their lunch and break time as well as during transport time.
21. Maintain a positive/professional demeanor when relating with all Shadowfax customers.
22. Implement employee relation practices necessary to establish positive employee relationships and
promote a high level of employee morale.
23. Maintain good attendance and be dependable in carrying out job responsibilities.
24. Responsible to ensure that agency policies/procedures and state regulations are followed.
25. Maintain each program according to state regulations and perform other duties as assigned, i.e. area
maintenance and cleaning.
26. Attend meetings and trainings as required by state regulations and corporate policy.
27. Positively promote and support agency at public events and other community activities.
28. Drive corporate vehicles for scheduled activities, appointments, etc.
29. Must be able to physically perform duties of the job including lifting/transferring.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School Degree required with 3 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities. Must have a driver’s license.
Prerequisites for the Job
1) Good oral and written communication skills.
2) Resourceful, creative, flexible, thorough, and organized.
3) Ability to problem-solve and brainstorm.
4) Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
5) Good time management skills.
6) Ability to make good programmatic decisions.
7) Team player.
8) Good leadership skills.
9) Good supervisory skills.
10) Good role model.
1) Accountable to Associate Director, Director and Executive Director of Day Services, and CEO.
2) Advises, consults, and coordinates with other agency staff for the betterment of the agency and the program they work in.