Residential General Maintenance / Grounds Maintenance Position
To consistently demonstrate dependability, integrity, and commitment to our customers.
Reports To: Property Manager Department: Residential
Major Function: Responsible for assisting with the general maintenance and repair of all residential sites.
1. Mowing/Weeding and General Grounds Maintenance. Assists with grounds maintenance including operating mowing equipment, trimming equipment, chipping mulching equipment, leaf blowers, weeding, tree and shrub trimming, leaf and limb clean up, etc.
2. Painting. This includes applying paint, varnish, and stain to all types of surfaces in order to protect and beautify surfaces using appropriate tools and equipment.
3. Assist in Installing and repairing drywall and repairing plaster. Tape joints on sheetrock, plastering door and window openings, filling nail holes, etc.
4. Assist in Making or fixing permanent fixtures. This includes applying carpentry techniques and using carpentry tools to construct, alter, repair, and/or install walls, stairs, floors, ceiling, windows, doors, gutters, locks, handicapped chair rails and ramps, shelving, etc. This also includes performing structural repair, alterations, or improvement work such as preparing surfaces for plaster or cement framing work; studding, and plastering walls.
5. Assist in repairing masonry by patching with cement or caulk. Perform related duties such as caulking and waterproofing cracks in walls and floors; cleaning tools and equipment;
6. Laying-out or installation of flooring, etc.
7. Repair and maintain power tools to ensure proper operation.
8. Simple plumbing repairs. Assists in servicing and replacing minor plumbing fixtures.
9. Simple electrical repairs. Assists with minor electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing hard to reach light bulbs and fuses.
10. Assist with quarterly preventative home maintenance; (changing furnace and air system filters, cleaning dryer ducts)
11. Assist property manager with program moves (i.e. moving all household items from one home to another, moving appliances)
12. Assists with other building maintenance duties as assigned (power wash all areas of homes as needed, cleaning out gutters, maintain machinery, equipment and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing, oiling to ensure optimum working order, etc.).
13. Mowing/Weeding and General Grounds Maintenance. Assists with grounds maintenance including operating mowing equipment, trimming equipment, chipping mulching equipment, leaf blowers, weeding, tree and shrub trimming, leaf and limb clean up, etc.
14. Assists with snow removal utilizing snow blowers, shovels, etc.
15. Drive corporate owned/personal vehicle as deemed necessary to complete assigned duties.
16. Work additional hours as necessary to complete assigned duties and/or respond to emergency situations as needed.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
2. Must be able to work outdoors during all seasons for prolonged periods
3. Must be able to lift 50 lbs or 1/3rd of your body weight
4. Must be able to bend, pull, twist, squat, reach, stand and or walk for periods of time
5. General construction experience. Ability to apply safe work practices on the job while using a variety of hand and power tools.
6. Knowledge of the standard principles, methods, practices, techniques, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of building structures, machinery, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical equipment fixtures.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Organizational Relationships: Accountable to Property Manager