Scheduler of Residential Services
$10.50 to $11.25/hour
To consistently demonstrate dependability, integrity, and commitment to our customers
Reports To: Director of Residential Services
Responsible for the scheduling of the assigned residential sites in accordance of residential (chapter 6400) regulations and Labor & Industry/wage an hour. The major area covered is adequate coverage per home. Abides by practices and objectives that will provide a balanced program in the residential department. Coordinates implementation through the Program Coordinators/Managers & Associate Director of Residential services. Reports to the Associate Directors of or Director Residential Services.
1. Provide adequate staffing for individuals in the programs. This includes assisting in scheduling for ensuring their immediate (medical) concerns. Assist in scheduling staff to run appointments, coverage for emergencies, and ensuring coverage for medication administration in the residential sites.
2. Supporting new staff by assisting them with setting up shadowing (training by which one follows another staff around to see daily job responsibilities) and setting up schedule. Adjust staff as needed for training in conjunction with Program Coordinator/Manager or Residential Associate Director. Assists with reviewing variances to schedules.
3. Direct calls to the appropriate management in regards to facility concerns. Keep staffing issues confidential in relation to scheduling.
4. Assist in scheduling to promote/support meaningful lifestyles of each individual through person centered planning, Individuals Support Plan (ISP) process and related programming.
5. Responsible to insure that agency policies, residential (chapter 6400) regulations, and Labor & Industry/wage an hour regulations are followed while scheduling for the assigned residential site(s). Protect interests of individuals and the company in accordance with company policies, governmental laws, and regulations. Comply with regulations with respect to health, safety, and paperwork when working in homes on holidays. Assist in the maintenance of inventory of equipment, supplies, and furnishings when working in the homes on holidays. Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial management of program budget.
6. Implement employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee relationships and promote a high level of employee morale.
7. Promote and support the agency in community activities and events through role modeling and visibility for the promotion of a positive image of the agency.
8. Assist in keeping accurate schedule cards, required overtime lists, and staff telephone numbers. Preparation of necessary/required or requested reports, forms, or correspondence.
9. Responsible for individual programming by having adequate staffing.
10. Attend and coordinate trainings, communicate to management appropriate training ideas as required.
11. Drive corporate owned/personal vehicle to transport individuals to appointments, activities, day program, etc. when applicable. Familiarization with company vehicles as relative to scheduling.
12. Serve on the emergency on-call team.
13. Assist with scheduling upon management’s request for other departmental needs (staff meetings, holidays, snow days, etc.)
14. Due to the need of working in the homes or helping at transport, must be able to physically perform the duties of the job including lifting, transferring and restraining. Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and daily. Must be able to use a hoyer lift. Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift repeatedly.
15. Assist in meeting annual objectives as determined jointly by the residential team. Assist in the process of organizational planning. Monitor for effectiveness and cost containments.
16. Coordination with Residential Management for overall company goals. Participate as the need prevails in the process of continuous improvement and well run home planning. Responsible for quality of life issues.
17. Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed for successful coverage in all residential programs.
18. Direct temporary schedulers as necessary.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent with experience in approved areas according to current licensing regulations and/or experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
2. Knowledge of similar companies who provide residential services.
3. Demonstrate leadership, role modeling, and teamwork. Ability to direct.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Resourceful, innovative, flexible, thorough, and well organized. Good time management.
6. Advocate of team concept.
7. Ability to problem solve and brainstorm .
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks departmentally and universally.
9. Ability to recognize and support the organizations preferences and priorities.
10. Results and people oriented. Service oriented.
11. Trustworthy, confidential, non-judgmental.
12. Ability to remain focused on scheduling issues, not programmatic issues.
13. Self-motivated, work independently.
1. Accountable to the Associate Directors and Director for all phases of activities.
2. Positions accountable to Executive management, Director, Associate Directors, and Program Coordinators/Managers for all phases of their activities.
3. Advises, consults, and coordinates with: other residential direct care staff, Day Program staff, & team members scheduling as needed; Program Managers/Program Coordinators, Associate Directors, Directors, and supervisors as needed.