Scheduler of Residential Services
To consistently demonstrate dependability, integrity, and commitment to our customers
Reports To: On Call Associate Director of Residential Services Department: Residential
Responsible for the scheduling of the residential sites in accordance of residential (chapter 6400) regulations and Labor & Industry/wage an hour regulations. This includes all matters pertaining to continuity of care and insurance of proper coverage. Responsible for all scheduling as well as coverage for individuals and program areas. Reports to the On-Call Associate Director of Residential Services
1. Responsible to ensure staff scheduling is done to foster continuity of care. Proactive and responsible for the overall scheduling by providing adequate staffing for individuals in the programs. This includes assisting in scheduling to ensure their immediate (medical) concerns. Assist in scheduling staff to run appointments, coverage for emergencies, and ensuring coverage for medication/insulin administration in the residential sites.
2. Will work direct care hours in the homes on holidays and any other day in which a home is short staffed. Must be familiar with every home & individual needs, in order to schedule appropriately (double coverage, insulin and other health related management, etc.). Plans ahead and covers for medical appointments in conjunction with Associate Directors for planned medical appointments. Ensures coverage is completed in ½ hour or responds to work the hours themselves if necessary during time constraint shifts (ex. morning shifts).
3. Supporting new staff by assisting them with setting up shadowing (training by which one follows another staff around to see daily job responsibilities) and setting up schedule with training. Adjust staff as needed for training in conjunction with O.C. Residential Associate Director.
4. Direct calls to the appropriate management in regards to any non-scheduling concerns. Keep staffing issues confidential in relation to scheduling.
5. Assist in scheduling to promote/support meaningful lifestyles of each individual through everyday lives planning, Individuals Support Plan (ISP) process and related programming.
6. Responsible to insure that agency policies, residential (chapter 6400) regulations, and Labor & Industry/wage an hour regulations are followed while scheduling for the assigned residential site(s). Protect interests of individuals and the company in accordance with company policies, governmental laws, and regulations. Comply with regulations with respect to health, safety, and paperwork when working in homes. Assist in the maintenance of inventory of equipment, supplies, and furnishings when working in the home. Follow agency policies and procedures regarding financial management of program budget.
7. Implement employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee relationships and promote a high level of employee morale. Responsible to ensure staff restrictions are followed.
8. Assist in keeping accurate schedule cards, required overtime lists, and staff telephone numbers. Preparation of necessary/required or requested reports, forms, or correspondence.
9. Responsible for individual programming by having adequate staffing.
10. Attend and coordinate trainings;, communicate to management appropriate training ideas as required.
11. Drive corporate owned/personal vehicle to transport individuals to appointments, activities, day program, etc. when applicable. Familiarization with company vehicles as relative to scheduling.
12. Assist with scheduling upon management’s request for other departmental needs (staff meetings, holidays, snow days, etc.).
13. Due to the need of working in the homes or helping at transport, must be able to physically perform the duties of the job including lifting and transferring. Must be able to use a hoyer lift. Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift repeatedly.
14. Coordination with Residential Management for overall company goals. Participate as the need prevails in the process of continuous improvement and well run home planning. Responsible for quality of life issues.
15. Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed for successful coverage in all residential programs.
16. Direct temporary schedulers as necessary.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent with experience working with individuals with disabilities and experience with scheduling preferred?
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
2. Knowledge of similar companies who provide residential services.
3. Demonstrate leadership, role modeling, and teamwork. Ability to direct.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Resourceful, innovative, flexible, thorough, and well organized. Good time management.
6. Advocate of team concept.
7. Ability to problem solve and brainstorm
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks departmentally and universally.
9. Ability to recognize and support the organizations preferences and priorities.
10. Results and people oriented. Service oriented.
11. Trustworthy, confidential, non-judgmental.
12. Ability to remain focused on scheduling issues, not programmatic issues.
13. Self-motivated, work independently.
1. Accountable to the On-Call Residential Associate Director
2. Position accountable to Executive management, Residential Director, Sr. Associate Director, and On Call Residential Associate Director for all phases of their activities.
3. Advises, consults, and coordinates with:
Other Residential Direct Care Staff, Day Program Staff, & Team Members scheduling as needed.
Program Managers/, Associate Directors and Directors and supervisors as needed