Share your talents, make new friends, and expand your skills and interests while helping others as a Shadowfax volunteer. Giving your time is rewarding, satisfying, and makes a positive impact on the community. York PA Volunteer at Shadowfax.
Our York PA volunteers have a common mission: Help our individuals live an enjoyable and fulfilling life. Join our team and lend a hand. There are so many ways to volunteer at Shadowfax, such as:
- Utilizing your “green thumb” by gardening at one of our residential homes.
- Spending time with our individuals. Pick someone up and go for ice cream.
- Take a walk in the park. Invite a group to a cultural event.
- Sharing your musical talents by playing music at our Circle of Friends program.
- Developing your home improvement skills by building a ramp or remodeling a room at one of our group homes.
- Taking on a project for us like our friends at Living Word Community Church did.
- They sort salesman’s samples from Clark’s Shoes, and the proceeds support our organization.
- Planning activities and community outings for our individuals.
- Assisting staff with serving meals.
- Reading to individuals and participating in activities that enrich their lives.
- Teaching individuals a valuable skill, such as doing laundry or packing their lunch.
York PA Volunteer
For more information on Volunteer Services at Shadowfax, contact us or call 717-854-7742.