Activities Coordinator/ Job Coach – Day Services
Mission Statement: To set the standard for quality in the human service field through consistent demonstration of dependability, integrity, and commitment to our stakeholders.
Reports To: Associate Director of Programming and /or Program Manger
Department: Day Services – Programming
Responsible for supporting/supervising individuals in assigned area for all programming needs on a daily basis. Coordinates implementation of programming through the supervising program manager and associate director. Assists in daily functions of the overall program as needed. Maintain program in accordance with applicable regulations. Reports to program manager and associate director of day program.
1. Provide ongoing direct supervision of all individuals in the program. This includes ensuring their immediate concerns and needs are dealt with in a timely, orderly, caring, and safe manner with an emphasis on quality. Management will be made aware of serious problems in a timely manner.
2. Responsible to be aware of individual’s health needs, applying emergency procedures and medication administration as needed.
3. Responsible to accurately relate relevant information about individual’s to their caregivers/team members/co-workers and management when appropriate.
4. Responsible to promote/support meaningful lifestyles/choices of each individual through Self Determination, Individual Support Plan process and related programming.
5. Assist in development and implementation of individual’s assessment, Individual Support Plan and Self Determination.
6. Protect interests/welfare of each individual and insure quality supports are being provided.
7. Actively promote community involvement/volunteerism/employment as desired for each individual. Focus on a community based program rather than a facility- based program.
8. Maintain an acceptable level of quality control in the production area, when applicable.
9. Meets established deadlines.
10. Work hours as assigned in any area of the program inside or outside the facility.
11. Maintain accurate records/documentation and prepare required reports.
12. Supervises and assists individuals during their lunch and break time as well as during transport time.
13. Maintain a positive demeanor when relating with all Shadowfax customers.
14. Implement employee relation practices necessary to establish positive employee relationships and promote a high level of employee morale.
15. Supervise on-call staff/floaters and follow up with on call evaluations. Assists with the training of all staff assigned to the program.
16. Responsible to ensure that agency policies/procedures and state regulations are followed.
17. Maintain each program according to state regulations and perform other duties as assigned, i.e. area maintenance and cleaning.
18. Attend meetings and trainings as required by state regulations and corporate policy.
19. Assist in the design and development of day program goals. Actively participate in the process of continuous improvement and the well run program concept.
20. Be a part of a continuous improvement team.
21. Positively promote and support agency at public events and other community activities.
22. Drive corporate vehicles for scheduled activities, appointments, etc.
23. Must be able to physically perform duties of the job including lifting/transferring.
24. Additional Responsibilities
Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Diploma or GED with experience in approved areas according to current licensing regulations and/or experience working with individuals with disabilities or seniors with dementia.
2. Must have current driver’s license.
Prerequisites for Job Coach and/or Activities Coordinator
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Resourceful, creative, flexible, thorough, and well organized. Good time
3. Ability to problem solve and brainstorm.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
5. Ability to positively support individuals who have a disability in all aspects of their life.
6. Ability to make good decisions based on knowledge of policies, procedures, person centered planning and possess sound judgment and common sense.
7. Team player/cooperative
8. Dependable and reliable.
9. Enthusiastic, respectful and caring.
10. Promotes independence and choices.
Prerequisites for Job Coach
Must meet one of the following qualifications:
1. Thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university
2. A high school diploma and one year work experience* in industry** or rehabilitation
3. A general education development certificate and one year work experience* in industry** or rehabilitation
1. Accountable to Program Manager, Associate Director, Director and Executive Director of Day Services, and Chief Executive Officer for all phases of activities.
2. Advises, consults, and coordinates with other agency staff for the betterment of the agency and the program they work in.