Mission Statement: To set the standard for quality in the human service field through consistent demonstration of dependability, integrity, and commitment to our stakeholders.
Reports To: Associate Director of Production
Department: Day Services
Directly Supervises: Material Handlers, Packagers, Truck Driver, and all temporary workers
Responsible for operation of assigned areas, including supervision of personnel and production management. Position includes assisting in the overall operation, management, and development of the production department. Coordinates implementation through the Director of Production and Associate Director of Production.
1. Supervise all personnel assigned to the program including evaluation and scheduling. Supervise on-call staff and follow up with on call evaluations.
2. Implement disciplinary procedures in conjunction with supervisor and company policy. Maintain high standard of performance expectations.
3. Participate in the process of interviewing and hiring of applicants.
4. Train all personnel assigned to the program in conjunction with the Associate Director.
5. Assist in the design and implementation of production goals. Actively participate in the process of continuous improvement and well run program concept.
6. Assist with the overall responsibilities for all aspects of production, such as bidding, time studies, placement of jobs, scheduling, job costing, shipping/receiving, quality management, production standards and customer satisfaction.
7. Compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Heath Administration), Wage and Hour and the Department of Labor and Industry.
8. Address immediate concerns and refer serious problems to management.
9. Provide ongoing prevocational training needs for the individuals. This includes specialty training such as; non-paid activities, work set ups, safety issues, job logistics, fixtures or any details that would enhance the productivity of individuals.
10. Protect interests/welfare of each individual and insure quality supports are being provided.
11. Maintain an acceptable level of quality control in the production area.
12. Meets established deadlines.
13. Work hours as assigned in any area of the program inside or outside the facility.
14. Maintain accurate records/documentation and prepare required reports.
15. Maintain a positive/professional demeanor when relating with all Shadowfax customers.
16. Implement employee relation practices necessary to establish positive employee relationships and promote a high level of employee morale.
17. Maintain good attendance and be dependable in carrying out job responsibilities.
18. Responsible to ensure that agency policies/procedures and state regulations are followed.
19. Maintain each program according to state regulations and perform other duties as assigned, i.e. area maintenance and cleaning.
20. Attend meetings and trainings as required by state regulations and corporate policy.
21. Drive corporate vehicles including corporate truck as required for meetings, deliveries, etc. Must be able to physically perform duties of the job including lifting/transferring. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly on a daily basis as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the staff member. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
A High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 2 years’ experience in a production environment
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Knowledge of and the ability to implement the management of production operations
2. Good oral and written communication skills.
3. Resourceful, innovative, flexible, thorough, and well organized. Good time management.
4. Participative management style – advocate of team concept.
5. Ability to problem-solve and brainstorm.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks departmentally and universally.
7. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – must be able to recognize and support the organization preferences and priorities.
8. Results and people oriented must have sound judgment. Ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented must be assertive/ persuasive.
9. Must be certified in operating a forklift.
10. Valid/current driver’s license is required.