Residential Services Direct Support Professional – Lead
Mission Statement: To set the standard for quality in the human service field through consistent demonstration of dependability, integrity, and commitment to our stakeholders.
Reports To: Associate Director of Residential Services
Responsible to lead the team of direct support professionals of the assigned residential site(s) in accordance to residential regulations by ensuring medical, financial, and programmatic issues are addressed. Reports to the Associate Director of Residential Services Assists and advises fellow staff on residential issues.
1. Leads residential direct care professional staff in the residential home, including support & training of staff, with personnel issues directed to the Residential Associate Director.
2. Provide ongoing direct supervision of all individuals in the program. This includes ensuring their immediate concerns and needs are dealt with in a timely, orderly, caring, manner with an emphasis on quality. Management will be made aware of serious problems in a timely manner. Responsible for awareness of each person’s health needs, scheduling of appointments as necessary, apply knowledge of emergency procedures and medication administration as needed. Run necessary appointments and complete follow through.
3. Responsible for program site management & supervision including upkeep and furnishings including furniture, vehicle, walls, flooring, etc. As the lead, ensures vehicle maintenance is completed.
4. Responsible for financial issues in coordination with the Fiscal Department. Responsible to ensure household and grocery shopping is completed in addition to weekly fiscal appointments.
5. Attends ISP meetings and other necessary meetings. Responsible for individual programming (coordinating and attending meetings, writing goals, implementing programming as necessary)
6. Responsible to promote/support meaningful lifestyles of each individual through person centered planning, Individual Support Plan process and related programming.
7. Responsible to ensure that agency policies and residential and fiscal regulations are followed within the assigned residential site(s). Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies, governmental laws, and regulations. Notifies supervisor of issues.
8. Determine, recommend, & implement employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
9. Preparation of required or requested reports, forms, or correspondence. Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of the residential site(s).
10. Responsible for meeting annual objectives as determined jointly by the residential team. Assist in the process of organizational planning including y safety & health programs. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containments. Coordination with Residential Management for overall company goals
11. Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives and those that are not being addressed adequately at the direct care level.
12. Must be able to physically perform the duties of the job including lifting and transferring. Must be able to use a Hoyer lift. Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift repeatedly.
Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High School diploma; experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred.
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Affiliations with or knowledge of similar companies who provide residential services.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Resourceful, innovative, flexible with time, thorough, and well organized. Good time management.
4. Advocate of team concept.
5. Ability to problem solve and brainstorm .
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks departmentally and universally.
7. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but be able to recognize and support the organizations preferences and priorities. Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
8. Results and people oriented, but have sound judgment. Ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
1. Accountable to the Director, Associate Director(s), & Chief Executive Officer for all phases of activities.
2. Position accountable Associate Director for all phases of their activities.
3. Advises, consults, and coordinates with:
Other DSP-Lead positions: organizational plans, company policies, departmental results
Financial team: expenses
Direct support professional staff