Scheduling Supervisor of Residential Services
Mission Statement: To set the standard for quality in the human service field through consistent demonstration of dependability, integrity, and commitment to our stakeholders.
Reports To: Senior AD & Director of Residential Services
FLSA Classification: Exempt/ Administrative
Responsible for overall scheduling for the residential sites. This includes all matters pertaining to continuity of care and ensuring proper staff coverage. Responsible for all personnel regarding scheduling as well as staff coverage for individuals and program areas. Reports to the Director or Senior AD of Residential Services and the CEO. Assists and advises fellow management & subordinate staff on residential scheduling issues.
1. Supervision of residential schedulers including interviewing, hiring, & evaluation of staff, with personnel issues directed to the Residential Senior Associate Director, Residential Director, CEO, and Human Resources Director. Responsible for disciplinary issues- addressing discipline issues and recommending disciplinary actions, in conjunction with HR director and Residential Director. Assists in terminations. Responsible to ensure staff scheduling is done to foster continuity of care. Assists with reviewing variances to schedules. Proactive and responsible for the overall scheduling and of the scheduling department.
2. Responsible to ensure proper coverage is in each home. Must be familiar with every home & individual needs in order to schedule appropriately (double coverage, insulin and other health related management, etc.). Plans ahead and covers for medical appointments in conjunction with Associate Directors for planned medical appointments. Oversees Program Manager schedules.
3. Serve on the Scheduling on call team 24 hours a day, 7 days on, 7 days off. Is responsible for all call offs and to document all calls and subsequent paperwork (absentee memos, etc.). Ensures coverage is completed in ½ hour or directs schedulers to work the hours/works the hours themselves if necessary during time constraint shifts (ex. morning shifts).
4. Schedules in absence of schedulers (PTO, sick, schedulers already working direct care shifts, etc.).
5. Responsible for budgetary issues in coordination with the Residential Sr. Associate Director, Director of Residential Services, Director of Finance, and & CEO. Responsible for controlling overtime within the residential department.
6. Ensures scheduling meets Office of Developmental Programs (ODP regulations) and Labor & Industry laws.
7. Responsible to ensure staff restrictions are followed.
8. Responsible to ensure scheduling meets/promotes/supports meaningful lifestyles of each individual through the Everyday Lives Principles, ISP process and related programming.
9. Responsible to insure that agency policies and residential and fiscal regulations are followed within the residential department and within the company overall. Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies, governmental laws, and regulations.
10. Implement employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
11. Participate in community activities, events, and speaking engagements (e.g. speaking at local colleges, job fairs, community organizations) for the promotion of a positive image of the agency.
12. Preparation of required or requested reports, forms, or correspondence. Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of the department.
13. Responsible for meeting annual objectives as determined jointly by the management team. Assist in the process of organizational planning, company safety & health programs.
14. Coordination with Residential and Day Services Management for overall company goals.
15. Must be able to physically perform the duties of the job including lifting and transferring. Must be able to use a Hoyer lift. Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift repeatedly.
16. Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the direct care level.
17. Staff member is expected to work no less than 40 hours per week, and as many additional hours as necessary to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
Additional Responsibilities: Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Experience in scheduling preferred. Experience working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities preferred.
Prerequisites for the Job:
1. Knowledge of similar companies or experience working for similar companies and experience providing scheduling services.
2. Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills – principles and people. Experienced working with programs off-site.
3. Previous experiences gained through increasingly responsible management positions.
4. Good communication skills.
5. Resourceful, innovative, flexible, thorough, and well organized. Good time management.
6. Participative management style – advocate of team concept.
7. Ability to problem-solve and brainstorm.
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks departmentally and universally.
9. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – must be able to recognize and support the organizations preferences and priorities. Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
10. Results and people oriented, must have sound judgment. Ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
1. Accountable to the Director, and Senior Associate Director for all phases of activities.
2. Positions accountable to Executive management, Director and Associate Directors, for all phases of their activities.
3. Advises, consults, and coordinates with:
Other Associate Directors: organizational plans, company policies, legal issues, departmental results
Financial management: budgets, and expenses
Human Resources: interviewing, hiring, terminations
Program Managers/Sr. Program Managers and supervisors: as needed
Direct Care staff: as needed